Monday, April 11, 2011

An update

Hey guys, whats up?

Whats up with me? Oh nuthin much. Just the same ol' thing. You know, taking care of the kiddos, fixin meals, yadda, yadda, yadda.

My weekend? It was good. Thanks for asking.

Oh, you wanna know more? Anything specific?

Oh, yeah, I forgot I told you guys about us flying out of town. I must have forgotten about the 3,000 blog hits I got in 24 hours. Or the 20 new followers on twitter. Or the 10,000 emails and text messages.

Seriously, guys, thanks for praying and thanks for supporting. Ben and I could feel the prayers and the encouragement from the moment we stepped foot into the airport. It is amazing when God's people join together and fervently pray over the anointing of a task. We feel so honored and loved to be connected with all of you.

The weekend was more than we could have ever hoped for. The pastor and his wife were some of the most amazing people we have ever met. They share our passion for families, our desire to do things differently, and our heart for a city in need. Oh, and they share our admiration for good food. God bless 'em.

We had the chance to meet the youth, the elders of the church, and some amazing parents. They asked some tough questions. Everything from Coke or Pepsi to how does your family fit into this ministry. Ben answered all of them in such a way that brought honor to his Heavenly Father and great honor to his wife. I am so very blessed to be married to an amazing man, and this weekend only re-confirmed that for me.

So when do the moving vans come? I wish it were that simple. There are some things we are continuing to pray through, some things they are continuing to pray through, and for now we just wait. We wait for God to open some doors and wait for his perfect timing and place for our family. He never lets us down.

Thanks for supporting our desire to keep the details a little under wraps. I promise we won't keep you in the dark forever.

It was amazing to come home to these smiling faces though....



Although, I had imagined three smiling toddlers running full force into my arms, demanding me to never let them go, and begging me to never leave them again. But it turns out, Uncle Neal and Aunt Jennifer, Mimi and Papa, and Aunt Kristy are pretty good parental surrogates. Boy, do I feel under-appreciated.

It is nice to be back into our normal routine again. Please continue to pray for us this week as we continue to seek God's face and continue to make these all-important decisions for our family. I appreciate each and every one of you. *at this moment, I'd like each of you to grab hold of your monitors, wrap your arms tightly around, squeeze for three seconds, and consider yourself hugged.* There, now I feel better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...