Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

So here in our neck of the woods, it is pretty stinkin yucky out. It was my plan to go to the zoo today with some fellow Bible study ladies, and I made the mistake of telling Ellie Kate that we would be going to see the monkeys today. BIG mistake.

Because when she woke up this morning, looked outside and said, "A mess!" she still was certain that we would be going to see the monkeys.

To get her mind off of her tree-hanging buddies, I did something I dread doing - I let her watch a movie. I made up for it by giving her healthy, organic popcorn - HA!

Here is the evidence of our rainy day - My popcorn is sitting on my brand new stove/oven - isn't she a beaut? Most pictures to come soon!
Ellie Kate, looking very in-charge with her popcorn and remote.

So there it is - the evidence of my bribery in lieu of the zoo. I hate doing it, but every now and then, a little movie never hurt no one. Tomorrow, its back to our one Barney and hopefully back to the outdoors!

On a happier note, I HAVE A FULL BLOW PANTY WEARER! No more diapers for us! Woo Hoo! One down, one to go!

Way to go Ellie Kate! Mommy is so proud of you!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the Potty trained little one!!! We just started this week with Nate, and so far, he has done pretty well. Pray for that!!

The Merrell's said...

Woohoo Ellie Kate and way to go mommy!!!! Thats so awesome!! Hope it gets nice there soon, were hoping for the same thing!!

Melinda said...

I am also ready for that Spring weather to come back so we can go walking outside. And that pic. is definite blackmail material when she is a teenager...classic!

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

Hey girl! Can you send me your CD info for the lady there that makes them? They are so cute & I really like the idea of AIO. Thanks!
Christy

capturedbychristy@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...