Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sippy cup envy...



As any mom of a toddler knows, a good sippy cup can be hard to find. Yea, they all say they are "spill proof," but in my opinion, that is a big bunch of bologna. What they really mean is they are gush proof, but when turned upside down (which every toddler does), it drips, drips, drips. This can be so frustrating, not to mention the little spots all over your tile, wood, and carpeted floors due to these little "drips."

Therefore, I went in search of the perfect sippy cup. Of course, we do everything BPA free, which makes it even more difficult to find options. I went on-line thinking that some other mom must have the same frustration as me! I finally came across these awesome stainless steel sippy cups. Not only were they plastic free (except for the spout, which is BPA free), but they boasted a "no leak spout." I had to try them.

I found one store in all of the DFW area that sold them. I threw the girls in the car and raced out to get them. Let me tell you, THEY ARE WONDERFUL! They are going to be my new baby shower gift, because even if you dont think you like them, when you have a toddler, they will be your favorite feeding necessity. Ellie Kate loves them, and she can't see if there is milk, juice, or water in there - which is great.

I can't tell you how many times I have been stopped about these sippy cups. "Where did you get these?" "How do they work?" "Aren't those cute!" These are just a few of the comments I get while out. During Thanksgiving week, my sister-in-law couldn't believe how they wouldn't leak. After her daughter grabbed her Nuby sippy-cup and proceeded to dump it all down the front of her shirt, even though it was tightly sealed (we have all been there), she looks at me and says, "Get me two of those sippy cups, the check will be in the mail."

So far all of you toddler moms out there, or toddler mom's to be - don't be left with a sticky child, sticky floors, and sticky laundry. Get a safe sippy - you will be the envy of all!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Ok, how much did these cost and do they have a website?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...