Monday, April 18, 2011

My Big girls

My girls are getting bigger, and this is how I know....



  • They drink from big girl cups.

  • They have friends (ie. Sunday school) to whom I have never met.

  • They strap themselves into their own car seats.

  • They eat cereal with milk. And don't spill.

  • They stay in bed when we put them to bed.

  • They get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

  • The only evidence of said bathroom trip, is the stool in front of the potty that Ben trips over every morning.

  • They've mastered "the lip."

  • They put on their own shoes.

  • They pedal a bike.

  • They get invited to more birthday parties than I do.

  • They remember last year's vacation and talk about "da beach" often.

  • I let them play for hours in the backyard - by themselves.

  • They play with bubbles, without spilling the entire bubble container.

  • They wipe my kisses off, because they know it drives me crazy.

  • They carry their own purse.

  • They say embarrassing things to strangers like "Are you pregnant" and "Whats wrong with your hair?"

  • They actually WALK in the grocery store as opposed to riding in the cart.

  • They reprimand me for saying words like "Gosh" or "Stupid."

  • When they get hurt, they cry for "Poppy" because they know it pulls on my heart strings.

  • They are asking for a pet of their very own. (not gunna happen)

  • They can easily grasp a cup with one single hand.

  • They are best buddies and I usually don't even have to convince them of that. *usually

Boy do I love them.


2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Reading your list about your little girls growing up makes me excited to watch our little one grow up - just hoping he decides to make his debut SOON! :)

The Links said...

Awww how fun to see them do all of those things!! I hope I never look at my kids growing up to be a sad thing, but an exciting thing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...