Friday, December 3, 2010

For some people its candied yams.

For others, its fruit cake.

Or maybe for you it is that first sip of eggnog.

It may be different for everyone. But it happens to us all.

Everybody has a distinct sign that officially (to them) rings in the holiday season.

That thing that evokes images of joy, family, relaxation, and over-consumption of caloric intake.

For me, its this...


ABC Family's 25 days of Christmas.

They start advertising it like late October, and my hurt begins to pitter-patter just a wee bite faster when I see that jolly old man, list in his hand, and hear the infamous music.

I always tell myself that I am going to watch it Every.Single.Night. But then the Harry Potter marathon comes on, and I just can't handle it. I mean, I understand that Harry Potter is some people's literature god, but to me - snooze-a-rama.

Besides, what big wig at the ABC company decided Harry Potter was a good Christmas movie anyway? I mean, sure, it has snow in a few scenes, but BIG DEAL, so does Scream 3 and I don't see that topping the Christmas movie his list.

I digress.

Some of my personal faves are Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Santa Clause, Frosty the Snowman, The Christmas Story, not to mention all the cheezy ABC original moves. Gotta love 'em.

Well, I had the priviledge of introducing my children to the Grinch a few nights ago. And it was magical.







Any excuse for me to get to watch Christmas movies is good enough for me, but getting to watch it with my whole family - well, thats just icing on the cake. Or icing on the fruit cake. Whatever tickles your fancy.


1 comment:

Whittney said...

Ahhhh! We're the opposite! We DVR AND watch the Harry Potter marathons every time. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...