Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It takes a village

You know, they say, "It takes a village to raise a family," but if you got good supportive grandparents and a slew of aunts and uncles - that's about all ya need.

My kids are so blessed, on both sides of the family, with top notch grandparents, and the best aunts and uncles alive.

And of course, the cousins. Who could forget the cousins. Sometimes its all I hear about for days!

On this particular vacation, however, we had the privilege of spending our time with my parents and my three brothers and one sister.

Even though all four of them are teenagers, fascinated with video games, dates, and hip-hop music, when my kids come around - their world stops.


I'm serious. I can be mid conversation with one of them, and Ellie Kate chimes in something about "wanting a chip," and that's it - they're off to the kitchen to fetch her demand.


Not to mention, they are fabulous babysitters. I mean, they don't even have to be asked! They fight over who gets to hold them. I am constantly reminding them - there are plenty to go around!

And Memaw and Poppy - well, they are just a mess. Memaw brought daily presents for them to open, new dresses to wear out to dinner, and more toys than I own.




If it wasn't obvious, my younger siblings are all adopted. We were constantly being asked, "Are you sure you guys are all related?"



What a fun bunch.
I sure am glad I didn't have to rely on a village.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...