Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Its a Wonderful Life...

As previously promised, it is now time to blog about our Christmas holiday. I will post it in two parts, because that's how I remember it. Part 1 - at home and Part 2 - at Mimi and Papas. So onto part 1...



We had a wonderful time celebrating our first Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in our own home. It was so wonderful to go to our own church service, go to dinner just the four of us, get into our pjs, and into our own beds. It was wonderful.





Here are the girls in their cute little pjs.


Santa Clause brought Ellie Kate her first big girl tricycle. Hr face was priceless when she came around the corner and saw it under the tree. Her feet don't touch the petals yet, but she sure can scoot!



My Christmas surprise was my first pair of pearl earrings. Ben took this picture, and then told me to scroll through the pictures he had taken. When I came across this picture, I initially passed it with just a "I wonder why he took that picture" thought. Once I came to and realized his masterful plan, I was ecstatic. Such a wonderful husband I have.




I had to include this picture. In my family, we draw names because there are so many of us. My little brother, Elijah drew Ben's name. He gave him 12 pair of puma socks. This was his reaction...


Six Christmases with this man, and I have never seen him so excited. Weirdo. His first comment was "I don't have to wash sock for two weeks!" Like he ever washes socks, sheesh.


I love being with my sweet little family. We enjoyed a leisurely morning of coffee, donuts, and presents. No schedule, no agenda, just us. And I loved ever minute of it.


Part 2 to come...



1 comment:

Memaw and Poppy said...

Yeah, but a certain family father north desperately missed your family on that morn...new slippers anyone?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...