Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oh my darling, Clementine

This holiday season, Ellie Kate has been absolutely obsessed with Clementines. I don't know what it is about them, but she cannot get enough! Maybe it is that they are easy to peel, so she can do that herself. Or maybe its because they are super sweet. Or maybe its because they are "mini" oranges, and she can throw them around the house. No matter what the reason, she loves them.

Often times I will come into the kitchen, with this bouncing little girl, standing at the open refrigerator on her tippy toes, trying her very hardest to reach that clementine drawer. I just had to snap that picture. When she is older, she may not believe me.


Mission accomplished. She always comes and asks me to help her start the peel, and then she runs to "her" drawer to get a bowl. She carefully takes each peeled piece to the trash - one at a time. She hurries back and places each individual peeled clementine slice into her bowl. It takes her about 10 minutes to get ready to eat her clementine, and about 45 seconds to eat it.

When I say she is obsessed with them, I mean it. She eats like 7 or 8 a day! She asks for more ("mo owange, mommy?"), but I am not sure about the protocol on too much Vitamin C in your system.

Ben has decided to keep the few seeds that we found in the clementines to grow our own clementine tree. I think he is afraid she might eat us out of house and home someday. I suppose its possible.

2 comments:

Mommypotamus said...

That is so cute and quirky! I want to start blogging now so I will remember stuff like this.

Beth said...

So cute...I had to go buy some clementines for my kids after reading this post. They LOVE them!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...