Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sebastian

I would like to introduce you to a very important member of our family.

This is Sebastian.

Sebastian arrived on our doorstep in a black trash bag, almost as if fate had planned it himself.

(That is if "fate" is also known as a mommy friend of mine, who was bringing over some rummage for me to sell in my yearly garage sale.)

When Ellie Kate met eyes with this brown, furry little creature, that was it. She was smitten. He was hers. And I somehow knew that this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. (Not for me - have you ever tried laundering a stuffed animal? Not. Easy.)

I know what you are thinking. Why Sebastian? Most people would have just innocently named this little creature after a very popular book series in which the main character's name is George.

But stuff like that is for normal people.

My husband insisted to my at-the-time two year old who had no idea that this little guy was an icon, that our newest family member needed a proper name. "Something strong," he suggested. "Something like, Sebastian."

And that was it. He has been with us ever since.

And when I say "with us," I mean, EVERYWHERE!

He spends some time here, in the time-out chair, often offering comfort and a sound ear to my darling daughter, reinforcing the reprimand that I had just instilled. Such a good boy, that Sebastian.

He eats his meals with us...

He even has his own toothbrush.

And potty training just wouldn't have been the same without him.

"See, Ellie Kate, Sebastian like to sit on the potty. Don't you want to go too?"


And We are insisted upon treating him just like we would any other Ramsey family baby.


He gets diapered, nursed, and swaddled.


And even gets to take his turn in the jumperoo.




Often times, I find him in some pretty interesting places.

Like the bottom of the bathtub...



I can't tell you how many times I have found him here. You know, after spending thirty minutes desperately searching for him all over the house.



And poor Sebastian even gets placed in the shoe drawer occasionally.



Although often mistreated, sometimes neglected, and often put into situations unintended by the manufacturer, this little guy is very forgiving. In fact, most of the time, you can find him in the lovings arms of his mama.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...