Saturday, October 16, 2010

October 15

Yesterday, October 15th was National Infant Loss Day.

I am so grateful that I have never had to say good-bye to any of my babies, but I am surrounded by women who have had to face such a daunting task.

Their braveness through adversity is often a testimony of God's comfort and healing touch. That is not to say that that time wasn't filled with many tears and questions. I can only imagine what it must feel like to let go of something made just for you.

Today, I am thankful for my three babies and for their health and constant reminder of how truly blessed I am. I am so undeserving, yet so honored to carry the task of being their mother.

Today I am also remember my dear friends and family who have miscarried, delivered stillborn, or said good-bye to their newborn babies. You are a testimony to me and to so many other mothers. God bless each and everyone of you for your strength and perseverance.

I want to share a story with you. It is one I was introduced to over a year ago, but was reminded of again as I remembered my friends on October 15th.

While this video brings me to tears, it is a great testimony of God's comfort and mercy as His children are met with some of life's greatest challenges. It is also a reminder of the sanctity of life and how each inhale and exhale is a perfect gift from our Maker.

Choosing Thomas


To all moms who remembered their babies yesterday, may God give you peace during troubled times and joy at the thought of holding your babies someday.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...