Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blogging Challenge - Day 4

What in the world is this all about?


Day 4 - A picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you.

Simple Question.

Marrying this man...




And having these kids....


On December 17, 2005, my life changed forever as I put on a white dress, walked down an aisle, took a new name, and became a wife.

Since marrying my best friend, I have learned to walk along side another and love in a way I never thought possible. This man has taught me to forgive quickly, disagree peacefully, love intentionally, lead courageously, and dream wildly. I have watched God do immeasurably more than I could ever think or imagine through life's twists and turns. And even though we are seemingly at a serious twist in our life right now, I have never loved this man more.

Ben also gave me life's greatest blessing - being a mom. While this privilege came a little earlier (and a little closer together), than we had ever imagined, we thank God everyday for knowing better than we do. My children have taught me to speak carefully, walk slowly, act patiently, live selflessly, and hold on to each moment. Each day, I watch them grow a little more into independent beings, and I long to make each day teachable, as I train them to make good choices, think for themselves, and live a life wholly devoted to Jesus.

Thank you Jesus, for the gift of being a wife and mother. Thank you for planning better for my life. Thank you for allowing them to make me a better person. Thank you for giving me four necks to hug, four checks to kiss, and four hearts to love. And thank you for giving that all in return.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...