Thursday, July 2, 2009

Our oasis.



Oh what fun we are having in Florida. We wake up when we want, eat when we want, and spend the rest of the day at the pool or on the beach.

God Bless vacation.

This is what we had for dinner last night...



My family has Cadillac taste. You are feasting your eyes upon nearly 15 pounds of yummy crab legs (there were 13 of us eating, I swear). We let Ellie Kate try it out and she wasn't so interested - thats fine, more for me!

I also wanted to show you the true beauty of our surroundings. Not to make you jealous or anything, but just so you can truly appreciate the beauty of God's creation. Well, a little gloating might be in order....

This is the view from our master bedroom outdoor balcony. This was the best shot Ben got...



Outside our dining room balcony is this view of the pool. Ellie Kate's new nickname is Nemo. She has spent nearly every waking hour in this salt water pool, and she is becoming quite the little swimmer.
Peyton mostly stays inside and enjoys the air conditioning and toys. Both girls have slept so well, and while a few hours of crankiness have been endured, I have decided I can do anything while looking at the Gulf of Mexico.

This place is full of memories. I spent every summer here with my own family, Ben and I honeymooned here, and it is so awesome to bring both my daughters here for the first time. No longer will I leave my memories at the beach - I get to take my memories home with me, and that is worth every vacation dollar we have spent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...