Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our fancy shmancy pool party!


Today, we brought in the summer with a bang!!! We broke out the blow-up pool.
Well, actually, it wasn't really our, or should I say MY, original intention to break out the pool this weekend. I mean, as of 9am this morning, we didn't even own a pool. Of course, that was all before I sent my darling husband to the grocery store.


I sent Ben to pick up a "few items for dinner" (which apparently is open for interpretation). When I called him nearly an hour after he and Ellie Kate had left, wondering if they were ok, I got this conversation:


Me: Babe, you guys ok?

Ben: Yea, we are fine, just headed home.

Me: Great, what took so long? Long lines at the store today?

Ben: No, I had a hard time finding the things on your list.

(Me to myself: hmmm, I never have a hard time finding lemons, spinach, and breadcrumbs.)

Me: Oh, well ok. Ellie Kate ok?

Ben: Yeah, she is great. You know, she told me while we were out shopping that she needed to go potty, so i took her potty and she went.

Me: Yeah, honey, she has been potty trained well over 4 months now. She's pretty well got it mastered.

Ben: Well, I thought she needed to be rewarded for pottying like such a big girl.


"Oh please," I thought to myself, "please don't say he let her walk up and down the candy aisle and pick whatever she fancied."


Ben: I bought her a special toy.

Me: What kind of toy?

Ben: You will just have to wait and see.


And ten minutes later, I heard the air compressor just a blowin away in my garage. At first I thought it was some crazy neighbor working on some other Saturday morning project. It didn't take long to realize that ghastly sound was coming from my own garage. Oy.


It didn't take long, however, for both my girls to be swimmin' the day away in their new slide/pool combo. They will probably want daddy to be the permanent grocery shopper :-)



My bathing beauty. She always looks like she is up to something. Gotta love her.



Of course, Ellie Kate found the water hose and sprayed both daddy and I, and she thought that was pretty stinkin hilarious.


I should have known better than to send Ben to the store with that sweet innocent looking face. Poor guy just can't say no.

5 comments:

Dana said...

So cute! I love that picture of Peyton relaxing by the pool, too. In your husband's defense, bread crumbs really can be hard to find sometimes. :)

Reese Family said...

Fun! Love the cute swimsuits, and I think that one of Peyton is my favorite! If I had a yard, I would so do the same thing! :)

Mommypotamus said...

This post had me laughing out loud. What a great way to kick off the summer!

Memaw and Poppy said...

Guess what suprise we bought for the girls to bring with us to Dallas- that exact pool! Now what do we do with it?

Christy said...

Bahahahaha!!!! That is so funny!!! Just like what Mark would do!!! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...