Thursday, March 5, 2009

Whew.

I.Am.Exhausted.

I can't believe it is Friday and I haven't posted to my blog in nearly a week! Oh wait, maybe I can believe it.

Ben has been so busy this week, I have been in single-parent mode. I hate those weeks. I have an immense respect and admiration for women who do it day in and day out. *insert high five here*

So today when my fabulous husband came home and reminded me that he would be attending a weekend men's conference, it was all I could do not to break down and cry...oh wait, I did (sorry babe).

Needless to say, I got on the phone with some of my fellow mothers-in-crime, and we planned a play date to two goals in mind - endure through a Friday night without our husbands, and exhaust our kids out so they hit the sack by eight o'clock.

So at 5:30, I loaded the girlies in the car and headed over to my friend Melinda's house. Here is a little proof of what unfolded in the next three hours...



After a few minutes of silence that prompted a quick search for all two-year olds, we found Jaxson in the dogs cage. He was lovingly placed there by my darling Ellie Kate.

These two girls ran like crazy, until they would hide behind the front door and all we would hear is "Where Ey Kate"

I had to include a picture of the darling children under the age of one. Maybe not as, uh er..flamboyant, but there time is coming, I am sure. (Aren't Peyton's baby legs so cute!)

By the end of the night, we were so exhausted, the kids sat and watched The Wonder Pets - for about two minutes. What I should have done was included a picture of the three of us moms, half coherent on the couch.

Phew, that is all I have to say. OH, and please come home soon, honey!

2 comments:

Memaw and Poppy said...

I know how hard it is sometimes...but you are doing an amazing job! You will know your kids and they will have the confidence and completeness of an awesome grounded family! Keep up the good work!

The Merrell's said...

I so understand how you feel!! I hate those weeks and you cant help but cry, Ive done it many times even though I know he cant help it, but I cant help it either :) Hope he comes home soon and things slow down. I know you are an awesome mom and you'll get through it with flying colors!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...